- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- Please take your regular medications with a SMALL SIP of water unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you use an inhaler, please bring it with you on the day of surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- After your procedure, you should not be left unattended for at least eight hours.
- Please make arrangements for someone to care for small children the day of surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Great River Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, P.C. offers these reminders to make your surgery and recovery more comfortable.
100 Bryant Street
Dubuque, IA 52003
511 South 4th Street
Clinton, IA 52732
1270 North Water Street
Platteville, WI 53818